Saturday, April 22, 2017

{Vintage Style} Wire Wrapped Vases

 Good morning and welcome back...
Yes, I finally am going to start posting some pretty things again.
I know building homes is fun... but decorating is my thing.
Yesterday Morgan and I went to Decatur, AL to the 


It was a fun show and so close... only 20 miles away.
Click on the link to see more photos of the event. 
 We both really had a great time.
Meeting a few new friends and shopping.
I loved how "Southern" it felt versus the Midwest markets I have been to. 
Much richer colors and more real antiques.
I was in heaven... and realized I already have way too much stuff.
Moving 325 miles makes you realize how much stuff you hang on to.
But I am happy to say vintage photos and postcards are definitely a trend.
Who knew I was collecting them for a reason?
But they were everywhere ♥♥♥ 
This is one of my purchases... two glass jars with wire trim.
I love how versatile they are... the girls like them too.
The two were $20.... that is not too bad.

I could have bought so much more...
I also have a wooden tray to share in a later post.

Its going on today and tomorrow... so if you're near by...
Head on over and enjoy the show.



7 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love the wire covered glass bottles. I told myself I was not going to buy anything until I moved into my new home, but I did lol.

Brooke Kroeger said...

Hi Penny.... me too. I can actually list what I have bought for the house since the move. A large wooden K, a tray, these two vases, a bunny and a little bird. Not bad for me! I have wanted to buy big stuff like tables, but making myself wait! xxx....

Christine Graves said...

Loving those bottles Penny! I totally agree with you on the Midwest Markets. They really seem to have gone down hill with fake antiques and calling it a "Junktique" but you walk in and they are filled with home made soaps and guys selling A/C or siding for your home.

Beverly Roderick said...

Lovely decor! You've got lots of great finds and you've styled it beautifully. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make Party.

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Happy to see you back and I love your blog name. Nice find!

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I love the glass jars with wire. I wonder how easy they would be to make with chicken wire? At that price it would be better to just buy them but I think you got a good deal. I am enjoying your blog.
Janice

Our Hopeful Home said...

Glad things are moving along for you there in your new state! Love the new blog name! I have a few things wrapped in wire as well, my favorite is a mercury glass lamp that's covered in chicken wire. Sounds like the day was a fun one. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen | Our Hopeful Home