Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Beginnings of a Statement Wall...

I have been changing a few things in the great room of our new home.
 When we moved into the house the art really threw me off.
We have such a long stretch of wall... what to do with it?
I have some vintage portraits hanging... but they were void of any color.
I wanted a bit of my blues... and a new fresh look.
So I added some barn prints I had blew up into posters.
They were 4-12 dollars each and I reused frames I had.
I painted them all black....in a high gloss spray paint.

I want to add a wreath to the metal "window" and a small something in the space between the bottom print and the clock.  But this is a 20 something foot wall.... it needed large things.
 Since it has been much warmer here,
I moved the wreath to the fireplace screen for summer.
 Mix of old and new by the fireplace.
 And a touch of faux cotton...
I am still taking things away, selling and repurposing.
This house is so different from the Indiana home.
But I love the new spaces and enjoy changing it around.
 I still struggle with too much stuff!
 I think it is a process.... I cringe when I see old photos of my decor.
I think we all do.

But it takes time living in a house to learn how you use it and how it should feel.
At least that is what I tell myself.

Here are the links to make your own art posters...
I suggest doing them in a matte finish.

Vistaprint and WalMart were the cheapest when I checked today.

Next post will be more garden photos...
it is beautiful here this week in Alabama.

xxx....Brooke

5 comments:

  1. I struggle with too much stuff also. We have four seasons, so I need a lot of stuff to change things out from season to season.... my closets are too full though, and I have many closets. Just can't seem to get rid of the spring, summer, fall and winter decor items. IT'S HARD!! LOL

    I have a statement type wall in my home office, and I used all black frames. I think I need to lighten mine up by mixing in a few gold or white frames since it feels sort of heavy being all black frames. I've had mine for a couple of years now and am thinking it may be time to change it up a bit. Good luck building yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your whole room is looking so pretty and perfectly southern. I understand about tall ceilings...in fact, it's something I often think about and wonder if it's an issue around the country. Every house we've had came with tall ceilings. We love it but it definitely can skew the size of items needed to look in proportion. Blowing up your art was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been so nice to follow your move/transformation from the old home to this one! You're right, they really are different. I love how your new one is shaping up! I feel your pain on that wall --- It took me a LONG time to finish a gallery wall in my family room. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make it look so easy! I am kind of the opposite. I don't like too much stuff so it's always a little stressful to be adding accessories. I try to find the right balance between having a few accessories and still having at look warm and comfortable. The hardest thing for me is figuring out how to incorporate photos. I have an open floor plan that really doesn't have a lot of wall space per se (even though I have tall ceilings and a 15' wall). And I have some lovely family photos that I am trying to figure out where I can incorporate it in my house. I really love the style of your new home. It seems just right.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a note! ♥ Brooke