Thursday, February 15, 2018

Vintage Blues in the Great Room

Welcome back... two posts in a week!

I've made a few simple changes in the great room lately.
Been adding more denim blues... which I cannot get enough of.
 It all started with my rug and curtains....
 I love how warm and homey this room is becoming.
It is a HUGE space with 10 foot ceilings.
I want it to be comfortable and welcoming.

With all the trim this room could be a little formal.
I want it to be cozy...
For Spring I added some burlap ribbon and faux cotton stems.
The "lanterns" are antique sewing machine drawers!

I just stood them upright and added battery candles.
 Bits of metals and orbs... a chippy lantern.
 I almost sold the fireplace screen on FB.
Kinda glad I kept it now...
 The blue basket has puppy toys in it...
 The house is evolving... from our Indiana homestyle... to something very different here in Alabama.
 But I am enjoying it... immensely.
 I am so looking forward to recreating our back porch and patio area.
I simply cannot wait to see blooms out this wall of windows!

Thanks for visiting....Brooke

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful and homey, Brooke. You've done everything so quickly! Seems like it's taking me awhile to figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is absolutely lovely! I know it's different from your last home but change is good! I'm loving the blues and those "lanterns"? Genius! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a note! ♥ Brooke