Friday, May 12, 2017

{Sweet Tea Diary} May 12, 2017



Yep, she's gone off the deep end.
Gone from talking to herself--- to doing a online diary.
Hee... it was bound to happen.

But sometimes I have things to say that don't have a thing to do about design.
So here is my new thing...

Suddenly Southern Sweet Tea Diaries...
(Everything You Never Needed To Know)



So grab a cup of Sweet Tea and lets talk for a bit.
See, my kids just panicked... could you tell that?

But since so much has changed in the last seven months
I figure you might just want to hear about it. 
Moving 325 miles is not in any way shape or form easy.
More than once I panicked. 
What have we done? 
Are we crazy? 
This is too much---repeated in my head. 
Oh, I can smile and say its all wonderful. 
But come on.  Really?
Its one of the hardest things we've ever done.

It was hard for my hubby to start a new job. 
Even if it was with the same company. 
It was out of his comfort zone. 
He had been there 14 years. 
We had a lot of doubts. 
But we also had some driving forces. 

Our kids. 
My daughters wanted to move. 

We first talked about it almost three years ago. 
We even stayed a day in Huntsville to look at the area. 
I liked it but my husband was not sold on such a big city (to us). 
We kind of put it on the backburner. 
But I started telling friends we will move south
once hubby retires in 15-20 yrs or so. 
Were in our mid-40s. 
That sounded good.

But I got worried that the girls would want to stay in Indiana. 
They could start families and we would be moving away from the grandkids. 
That did not set well.  I know, wherever you live kids can move away. 
Our girls are 17 and 15 now.
But still. 
There is very few jobs and things to do where we all grew up.
So if were gonna do this, now is the time.

Oh God what have we done?

We scheduled a trip down to Huntsville and looked at a few houses I had found online.
Actually we looked more in Tennessee because it was only a 30 minute drive to the place hubby works now.  I loved the area, but the houses were not what I was hoping for.  We did decide this might be happening and a few days later my hubby put in for a work transfer.

And it took forever. 
Something like three months. 
I am telling you, it was horrible waiting. 
This is when all the doubts start. 
Do we list the house, do we tell our friends....
Of course... I tell everyone on my blog. 
Probably should have thought that one thru.

The nerves set in. 
And the sadness about leaving your little nest.

Yes, this was my nest... you might have seen it before.
A time or two... or a thousand blog posts or so.

This was our dream home.
Our dream property.
Where the kids grew up.

And my garden.

I was leaving the garden I created.
And I was not too sure how to deal with that.

Honestly, I am still dealing with that.
It was a part of me is some way.
I kind of found myself there.

And I am positive I can create a new one in this next house.
But it was and is the hardest part for me.

I have not seen the house since we signed it over.
And I do not want to.

My husband feels the same way.
Its still sinking in a little. 

It was more than just a house for us.
Heck, I built a shrine to it you all read every week.
And then.... I decided to shut down my blog.

I know in my heart it was the right thing to do.
It was no longer my house, and it was time to restart new.

I kept thinking I would start the new blog once we moved into a new house.
But then.... it took 6 months to sell the farmhouse.

And it will take 5 months to build our new home.
A year without blogging?

I am not ready to do that.

So I went with a feeling I kept having...

We're Suddenly Southern....
{to be continued}

♥♥♥


3 comments:

  1. It's so hard to leave a home you love. I sold my home three years ago and I still miss it; (not the HOA though), and we just bought an older home that we're trying to make our own. I'm also trying to bring it out of 1970 and into the 21st century.
    I think it's so great your girls were adventurous and quite willing to move. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the South! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do in your new garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sympathize and empathize! My husband was transferred 12 times in his 38 yr railroad career. Sometimes we were only in a house 1 1/2 years. Moving is hard and stressful. A positive attitude is a must. (Sometimes my attitudes were not��). We have been retired since 2003. It has been heaven to have stayed in one place this long.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a note! ♥ Brooke