Friday, March 24, 2017

Spring In Alabama....And Big News

Hello again, I know it has been too long again.
A lot has happened since we last chatted.
Its been a little over a week since we emptied out our Indiana farmhouse.
It was exhausting and emotional.  But it is all in the bigger plan.
Part of my heart will always be in Indiana with family and friends.
But it is a welcomed, warm feeling of hopefulness that I have now.
Spring is beautiful in Huntsville.
There are blooming trees and plantings everywhere.
One of the first things I noticed is all the landscape in the area.
Not just homes, but along freeways, parking lots and businesses.
I love all the lushness and cozy hometown feel.
Plus daffodils bloomed before Valentines Day... crazy right? 

 But my favorites are the magnolias like this 'Star Magnolia' here.
Isn't she lovely?  
She's a lovely cousin of the big evergreen magnolia down here.  
I am amazed how big they get!  
I want one for the next garden but will have to be 
careful where I plant it.
I will look for a smaller variety.

 So a family update... this sweet girls Junior year at her new 
Magnet Biomedical Technology school is almost over.
I cannot believe we have been down here six months already.
She is doing fantastic and we are looking forward to visiting collages soon.
My youngest will be 15 soon and we are still homeschooling.
She is really working on her painting and photography skills.
We are looking forward to lots of DIY projects soon.

We do have some big news.... we are building again!
I will fill you all in when I have some spec photos to share.
Right now I am looking at flooring, cabinets and finishes.

I will miss my lake and garden in Indiana.
But this next home will be very special as well.
Our backyard is a creek and elementary school soccer field.
It has a 360 degree mountain view and a beautiful planned neighborhood.


You can see a virtual tour of the model home here.


This is the plan built, ours will be different colors with double columns and I opted not to have the brick landscape borders.  Its 2800 sq ft on one level.  4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath with a three car garage.

They are doing permits and hope to break ground in a month.
 So here is the future backyard and views.
 The girls with the sold sign.... new beginnings....
And sad endings....
Saying goodbye to the gardens was hard....
But a high of 24 the day we loaded the truck in Mid March.... helped a bit!

Its been beautiful this week here at the lake.
High of 85 a few days ago, almost hot.

So I hope you will stick with me along for the new build and watch us make a new home here.
Thanks so much for your friendship and love.





2 comments:

  1. Congrats Brooke! I know the move can be bittersweet. I moved here with my husband years ago and now I only know this as home. Much luck and happiness in your new endeavor! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- I hear you- Sad endings and New beginnings. We are about to embark upon that adventure ourselves--although we are downsizing from a really large home to something quite small....maybe two smalls---one north and one south (that is what I am hoping for)...lol
    Your new home is going to be just beautiful and what fun to get in on the ground floor and be able to pick all your finishes. Fun, exciting and sometimes a bit nerve-wracking.
    Have a wonderful weekend. Can't wait to see more....xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a note! ♥ Brooke